Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's in the mail...


The next round of mailers are all ready. All that's left is to stamp 'em and drop them in the mailbox. This time, I think I'm going to be more forward and make more follow-up calls about a week or so after they're out the door. I'm targeting a more local area this time around, as well. My goal is to sit down with some art directors and get some time face-to-face to introduce myself and my work. Let's hope this works! Pray for Mojo.

I'm also re-doing the album artwork for The Gentlemen's Club's debut album, Black Light Sex Rock (http://www.myspace.com/thegentlemensclubmusic). They're releasing a special-edition version of the album with all new tracks and I was asked to re-boot the artwork to go along with it. It's turning out well. Here's a preview of the cover:

I wanted to go with a lighter, kinda retro pin-up feel for this version. It's fun and playful this way, I think. And as always, the lovely lady Sara looks stunning.

This weekend looks like it's going to be beautiful. They're forecasting mid 80's and sunny. So I think the lady and I are going to go out to New Hope / Lambertville and spend the day amongst the new-age hippies down there. I love that place. I'm sure it will be crowded, but it'll be well worth it. Plus we can bend some elbows at Triumph Brewing Co. and enjoy some tasty food while we're there too. Yum.

Well, that's all for now. Time to go to work. Go get some fresh air.
Be excellent.

-C

No comments: